Spitfire Mk21 1/72 od Special Hobby

Spitfire Mk21 1/72 od Special Hobby

Postprzez LazyCat » poniedziałek, 1 października 2012, 22:59

Wlasnie do mie dotarl!
Po chwili radosci nadeszla chwila rozczarowania :shock:
Zestaw ma wszystko na ramkach dla tych ktorzy chca cos dodac do innych zestawow. Mozna tez zrobic Mk21 z przeciwbieznym smiglem. Niestety kadlub jest spuchniety, nie az tak mocno jak w Academy MkXIV ale nadal ma zle proporcije :oops:
Oslona kabiny zbyt szeroka!
Reszta jak z obrazka (albo jak na obrazkach) :P

http://modelweb.modelforum.cz/index.php/2012/09/17/172-spitfire-mk-21-od-special-hobby/#more-20051

http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69673&p=1346940#p1346940

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=68817&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75#p1344592

Kadlub od starego Aero Team/Edward jest porawniejszy.
Obrazek
LazyCat

Reklama

Re: Spitfire Mk21 1/72 od Special Hobby

Postprzez LazyCat » niedziela, 28 października 2012, 23:54

Nie wytrzymalem, placac blisko $30.00 za zestaw uznalem jako zobowiazanie firmy do wykonania go porawnie.
Napislaem do MPM:
Hi Alfred,

As far as I can understand Czech, you are the person representing MPM/Special Hobby.
If so, my remark will go to proper person, if not - I'm sorry for bothering you.

I was trilled that SH is introducing Spitfire Mk21. Seeing the first images here was very exiting.
Few weeks ago I received my kit.

What it will take to REWORK frame with the fuselage for Mk21 in 1/72?
Quality of molding and level of detail in the kit is VERY NICE and opens possibility of making less known (including prototype) variants of the airplane, BUT having too fat and tall fuselage spoils that effect completely.

Please understand that current market of hobbyist have changed and with the price close to $30.00 is hard to justify buying another (competitive) kit to correct shape of it.
- I did, thankfully Sword's MkIX went on sale and instead of paying $30.00 it cost me $17.00, hence total cost of the kit added up to $47.00.

The Spitfire (just like Bf109, Fw190 or Zero) has a special meaning for many (mature) hobbyists.
Once starting to collect/build models of this airplane person learns about the development and wants to have it illustrated by finished product. The main part of Spitfire fuselage remind this same from MkI to Mk21. Changes of engine or tail did not change the core part.

Look at your own's company older molding like MkXI - it may be simple but is looks correct.
Also look how new Airfix decided to upgrade, change kits of MkIX and MkI.
They suddenly gained new followers and kept those who alarmed initially about problems with MkIX.
- Consider that by buying two kits by them (MkXIX and Mk22) modeler can have Mk21 for LESS MONEY than Special Hobby Mk21.

By solving problem with fuselage shape you can introduce boxing of Mk21 with contra rotating propeller. You already have parts on the rest of frames! All it will take to add new instruction and decals!

Additional benefit will be jumping on the market with MkXIV or MkXIX. The old Fujimy kits are hard to find and Academy MkXIV also have bad shape of the fuselage. Look at the old MPM production of MkXIX, MkXVIII again it may be worth to capture market with MODERN quality kit.
That will justify price!

The "after market" will always provide with the detail for those who want's to have very detailed models, the core part - kit is most important.

Sincerely yours,

Christopher Lubinski aka LazyCat.

Ps. My affair with the hobby is very long, with on and off building but constant collecting.

From other part of my life - I was working for years as a Industrial Designer (I am mostly a Graphic Designer) and designed many injection molded objects (including toys).

Zobacze czy mi odpisza. :mrgreen:
Ponadto MPM jest firma z historia i reputacija (choc nie zawsze dobra) i zycze im aby sie utrzymali na rynku robiac wiele ciekawych i poprawnych zestawow. W tej chwili RS ich "bije na glowe" jakoscia modeli. Sword tez idzie do przodu...
Obrazek
LazyCat

Postprzez RAV » środa, 31 października 2012, 00:46

Nie byłoby sensownie włączyć się do tego wątku?
Pozdrawiam
RAV
Obrazek
RAV

Postprzez LazyCat » środa, 31 października 2012, 16:29

RAV napisał(a):Nie byłoby sensownie włączyć się do tego wątku?

Nie chcialem tego robic oficialnie, wyslalem prywatna email.
Niemniej zaczelem sie przymierzac do Sword/Special Hobby Spitfire Mk21 ktory tam powiesze :mrgreen:
Dzieki tymczasowym obnizkom ceny ten (ewentualny) model koszuje mnie (24+17) $41.00. To jest bardzo drogo!
A przeciez ten samolot jest, wlasnie go odrestaurowano dla 1st Squadron!

Obrazek
Obrazek
LazyCat

Powrót do Supermarine